At it's annual meeting of stockholders on August 6, 2015, Chairman Paul M. Aguggia introduced CSBK, an abbreviated and more modern way to refer to the company as it expands into new markets. CSBK is also the stock trading symbol for the company.
Two new offices of "CSBK - Your Forever Bank" were opened in 2016 at 1470 Garden Street in Hoboken, NJ and 640 Bloomfield Avenue in Montclair, New Jersey. Additionally, CSBK launches a number of new products and services, including a best-in-class mobile app, enhancing the Bank's ability to serve a wider array of customers. CSBK
2013 – 2014
In September 2013, Chairman John Celentano, Jr. and President Walter Celuch simultaneously announced their plans to retire at year-end, having served the company for 51 and 25 years, respectively. Concurrently, the Board of Directors announced the appointment of Paul M. Aguggia to Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, effective January 2, 2014.
On November 20, 2013, the bank announced its intent to reorganize to a fully public stock holding company.
On April 2, 2014 the newly formed Clifton Bancorp Inc. completed its final conversion to a fully public company, including a related stock offering.
2009 – 2010
Clifton Savings Bank renovates and re-opens an office in the Athenia section of Clifton and offices in Fair Lawn, Lyndhurst and Woodland Park, New Jersey are opened.
2004 – 2007
Clifton Savings Bank, S.L.A. reorganized from a New Jersey chartered mutual savings and loan association to a New Jersey chartered stock savings and loan association in the federal mutual holding company format. In connection with the Plan of Reorganization and Stock Issuance, Clifton Savings Bank formed a new federal mid-tier stock holding company, Clifton Savings Bancorp, Inc., and sold a minority of the common shares to the public in a subscription and community offering. A majority of the mid-tier stock holding company's common stock was issued to a federal mutual holding company, Clifton MHC. On March 4, 2004 Clifton Savings Bancorp, Inc. began trading on the NASDAQ National Market under the symbol "CSBK." On September 12, 2007 Clifton Savings Bank converted to a federally chartered savings bank.
1990 – 2000
The first drive-up automated teller machine is installed at the main office and the bank's first website comes online. Two additional offices are opened in Wallington and Wayne, New Jersey.
In 1981, its 6th office in Clifton was opened at 1433 Van Houten Avenue, which today serves as the company headquarters. In 1989, the name of the association is changed to Clifton Savings Bank, S.L.A.
1960 – 1970s
Clifton Savings begins to open a series of new offices: 3 additional offices in Clifton and 2 in neighboring Garfield, New Jersey.
In 1954, the name of the association is changed to Clifton Savings & Loan Association and the bank opens its first branch office on Clifton Avenue in 1956.
Insurance of accounts up to $5,000 by the Federal Savings & Loan Insurance Corporation is granted, making the association one of the first to be approved by FSLIC, and one of the first to be given full insurance coverage. The office is relocated to 260 Parker Avenue, Clifton, and is opened for business on a full time basis.
Soon after, the company completes two mergers, the first in 1941 with American Building & Loan Association of Garfield, New Jersey and in 1942, with American Hungarian Building & Loan Association.
In 1930, the name of the association is changed to East Clifton Building & Loan Association. In 1933, the association becomes a member of the Federal Home Loan Bank and the office is moved to 226 Dayton Avenue, Clifton.
The beginning of our company’s history was on April 9, 1928 when Botany Building & Loan Association was chartered by the State of New Jersey. The principal office of the new company was 215 Dayton Avenue, Clifton, NJ, which is situated in the Botany Village section of the city.